START SLAPPIN'CAJON CRASH COURSE!
My brand new Cajon Crash Course sessions start in summer 2024. In these sessions, you will learn all about the instrument, start off with some basic grooves, add some flair, and work your way to playing along with backing tracks. Whether you’re hitting a cajon for the first time, or you need a refresher, I accommodate all abilities, ages and playing styles! All attendees receive a certificate of achievement (online clients receive this in PDF format).
Book your Cajon Crash Course
Use the booking system below to get your Cajon Crash Course in the calendar! These sessions start in summer 2024. Simply choose the date and time to suit you – sessions run across evenings and weekends to accommodate those who are busy or work in the day. I run sessions in-person or online – see the FAQs below for more info.
Register your interest
If you would like a Cajon Crash Course but summer 2024 feels a bit far away, you can register your interest here and I’ll be in touch nearer the time.
There are 3 location options:
- My place. This is the preference, as I’m all kitted out and will provide a really welcoming experience. You can park up in an allocated space, we’ll have a drink, get settled in my studio and take it from there. I’m based in Frome, Somerset, and will provide directions upon booking confirmation. I provide all equipment – you do not need your own cajon.
- Your place. I’m happy to travel! There is no extra charge for any location within 10 miles of Frome or 10 miles of Cheltenham. Anything outside of this incurs a mileage fee at £0.20/mile, round-trip. This will be invoiced alongside the session booking fee via Stripe. I provide all equipment – you do not need your own cajon.
- Online. These sessions will run really similarly to in-person, but you will need your own cajon. You can view my kit recommendations here. If you are booking a session from outside of the UK then please be mindful of any time difference.
You do not need to bring anything to an in-person lesson. If you have your own cajon, feel free to bring it, but this is not essential as I can provide one. If you have booked an online session, you will need your own cajon – my recommendations can be found here.
I work with all abilities – if you’ve never touched a cajon before, that’s fine. Similarly, if you’ve played previously but got rusty, we’ll work with that! Everyone is welcome.
Please let me know in advance if you’d like to learn a particular style or song and I will adapt our session accordingly. That said, if you’re new to the cajon, we’ll need to cover the basics first. If your style/song is quite complex then we will work together to get as close as possible in our session, but don’t be disappointed if we don’t nail it straight away! By laying down the foundations, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle your favourite track in no time.
Yes, I am fully DBS checked.
I get it, plans change. You can cancel your session by responding to your booking confirmation email (or emailing me directly using the contact details here).
- Cancellation more than 48 hours before our booked session: Full refund.
- Reschedule request more than 48 hours before our booked session: No charge.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours before our booked session: Refund of 50% of your booking fee.
- Reschedule request less than 48 hours before our booked session: A further fee of £15 payable.
In the rare event that I have to reschedule a session, I will email to let you know with as much notice as possible. In this case I will commit to a new date to suit you with a 10% discount. If my notice is within 48 hours of our booked session then dependent on your preference I will either offer you a new date with a 50% refund, or offer cancellation with a full refund.